Business Development Executive, Banking, EMEA
The Business Development Executive for Banking in EMEA will be responsible for all new banking market sales within the region, managing the end-to-end sales process, driving new business growth in the segment, and making a significant contribution to Celent’s overall success in the region.
The position will include responsible for leading sales to banks (retail banks, corporate banks, and wealth management firms) as well as selling to the technology solution providers that service banks. You will be working alongside counterparts focused on the Insurance and Securities sectors, and as part of a global organisation with analysts in seventeen countries.
Celent provides market leading research and analyst advisory services, which assist banks with the technology and strategy challenges they face. Celent also provides custom consulting and other productised offerings focused on financial services technology research and advice.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- All new business sales to non-client banks across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Managing the end-to-end sales process, developing leads, phone-led sales, and in person meetings, where you will either be the sole face of Celent, or accompanied by an analyst as subject matter expert.
- Increasing revenue and developing relationships within a portfolio of existing banking clients.
- Building a pipeline through telephone and other direct marketing methods of prospecting.
- Developing multiple contacts across target organisations, understanding client needs, positioning Celent services appropriately, to enable sales to often large complex organisations.
- Leading sales meetings and presentations –- whether via conference call, web meeting, or in person.
- Delivering consistent new business sales for the territory, developing client relationships to increase revenue through additional projects and increasing annual contract size.
- Effective pipeline and forecast management in line with an agreed territory strategy.
- At least five years of direct sales experience, preferably for a consulting, advisory, research, or business information services provider in the financial services industry, or for a financial services technology vendor.
- Proven success at selling to c-suite executives and developing trusted relationships.
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills
- University degree
- Ability to work successfully in a highly virtual work environment, leveraging remote collaboration with a global team
- Strong team player, and desire to play a key role in the regional success of Celent
- English is essential, whilst business level capability in additional languages such as French, Spanish, or German would be desirable.