Celent Model Bank Awards
Celent Model Bank is awarded for best practices of technology usage in different areas critical to success in banking, and is the main award that a financial institution (FI) can receive from Celent. It is an annual program and we are celebrating its 10th anniversary this year.
For 2017, we are accepting nominations in five categories (see more detailed descriptions below):
We expect approximately 15 category awards, with two to five awards of equal merit in each category. Separately, we also plan to recognise one initiative as Model Bank of the Year.
Nominations for this year's Model Bank Awards are closed. Winners will be announced at Innovation & Insight Day on April 4, 2017 in Boston, Massachusetts.
Celent Banking Team
- Innovative functionality enhancements for consumer digital platforms (e.g. mobile apps, online).
- Online portals and mobile tools for corporate customers.
- Creative use of physical resources (e.g. branch transformation, deployment of live agents, ATM innovations).
- Delivering an integrated customer experience across channels.
- Deploying innovative technologies that enhance customer experience (e.g. biometrics, artificial intelligence, wearables, etc.).
- Payments innovations: C2B, B2C, P2P, B2B.
- Transaction banking product innovations (e.g. liquidity management, trade finance).
- Lending and other products.
- Process automation (e.g. BPM, STP, RPA, document imaging, etc.).
- Data analytics to support decision-making (e.g. price optimisation, customer insight, asset optimisation).
- Security, fraud and risk management.
- Core banking transformation.
- Payments back office replatforming (e.g. payment hubs, cards platform upgrade).
- Deploying new technologies and delivery models (e.g. APIs, cloud, SaaS).
- Initiatives aimed at improving the bank’s capability to innovate and bring innovation culture into the organisation – e.g. collaborating with/ investing into Fintech, developer hackathons, etc.
- Interesting experiments/ proof-of-concept with emerging technologies (e.g. blockchain, robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc.) that demonstrate promise to transform the business.