Celent is an advisory services firm focused on the application of information technology within the global financial services industry. We are a subsidiary of Oliver Wyman, a global management consultancy.
Our clients recognize that we provide:
- Highly verticalized views of the areas we cover. Our primary practices include Banking, Insurance, Securities & Investments, Risk, and Wealth Management.
- A global perspective. We have a presence in 17 countries, and main offices in the US, the UK, and Japan.
A collegial, easy-to-engage team. All analyst firms provide strong opinions. But we deliver ours in a confident, low-key manner that makes our insights (and our analysts) accessible.
This position is responsible for a mix of marketing support, inside sales, and account management. This includes interacting with and assisting with sales to both financial institutions (banks, insurers, brokerages) and to the software and services firms that serve the financial services market. This role also includes assisting with arranging meetings, events, and marketing activities.
In this role, you will interact with the marketing team, internal clients, external suppliers, senior-level buyers and c-suite decision makers to get them to engage with Celent. Our offering centers on subscription-based access to Celent research and to the analysts who produce it. We also provide customized, fixed-price consulting and other productized offerings.
Success will be driven by your ability to:
- Relentlessly and professionally navigate complex organizations.
- Conduct creative discovery to determine how Celent offerings can solve critical business problems.
- Communicate to both clients and the internal Celent team professionally and effectively.
- Organize our outreach and engagement in a way that communicates Celent’s value and builds lasting relationships.
- Maintain and coordinate interactions amongst several key accounts.
- Individually manage several smaller account relationships.
- Assist with marketing.
Our engagement model for new business is highly variable, and generally requires a combination of phone-led, proactive outreach, in-person sales meetings -- often working in tandem with analysts as subject matter experts -- and other ways of leveraging Celent’s intellectual property. Key success factors for this role include:
- Ability to arrange meetings with key senior client stakeholders.
- Revenue growth within key accounts and smaller ones as well.
- On time performance around various tasks.
- Assist in preparation of sales materials and projects.
- Track and retain sales reports.
- Create and process sales orders.
- At least two years of experience.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- University degree.
- Financial Services experience a plus.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly virtual, highly collaborative environment.
- Strong team player, and willingness to further the Celent culture.
- Language proficiency, with complete fluency in English and preferably additional languages as well such as French, Spanish, or German.