Senior Analyst, Corporate Banking Practice
Celent is seeking a Senior Analyst to help build its Corporate Banking practice. With strong capabilities in payments, core and treasury management, we are augmenting our capabilities in lending, small business, trade finance, financial supply chain, cash and liquidity management, and transaction management. Expertise in some or all of these areas is highly desirable.
As a Senior Analyst in the Corporate Banking Practice, you will combine your talents with Celent’s brand to become a trusted and objective voice providing independent advice to corporate bankers, service providers, and other industry participants. You will develop your market presence by researching and writing monthly reports; conversing with clients; participating in business development activities; speaking to the press; presenting at conferences; maintaining a social media presence; and leading consulting engagements.
Celent is a research and consulting firm that provides technology and business strategy advice to the global financial services industry. We provide unbiased insight into industry trends, competitors in the market, and market sizes.
Celent’s primary product is research, providing our clients with a retained advisory service that includes access to our analysts, reports, and knowledge base. A smaller part of the business is consulting, working with clients on specific areas related to their business, technology, and operations strategies. Celent’s target market is the world’s top financial institutions, encompassing banks, insurers, and securities firms, as well as firms providing services to those institutions.
Research: Celent analysts conduct research and publish reports on issues relevant to the financial services industry. This includes industry and market trends, operational issues, technology developments, regulatory changes, and the like. Research reports are available exclusively to our clients on a subscription basis. Celent’s research forms part of a retained advisory service, where our clients have access to our analysts, reports, and knowledge base to allow them to rapidly make more informed decisions.
Consulting: Celent analysts also work directly with our clients to address strategy issues. Projects we have conducted for clients have included the creation of architecture for multichannel delivery in retail banking for a major Canadian bank, development of an electronic trading strategy for a major UK brokerage firm, a competitive analysis of the trade finance industry for a major Japanese bank, and a review of policy administration systems for a major US insurer.
In addition to research, writing and consulting, Celent analysts are expected to develop a high profile and regularly speak with members of the press and present at conferences. Our analysts have been quoted extensively in virtually every leading business publication. Analysts also speak at industry conferences and roundtables and make themselves available to research clients to answer questions on a variety of topics.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years experience in corporate banking (e.g., cash and liquidity management technology, transaction processing, lending operations) at a top financial institution, consulting firm, or industry-focused technology firm.
- Excellent academic credentials from a top university. We hire analysts with MBAs or other advanced degrees (MS, PhD, etc.) as well as individuals with bachelor’s degrees only. In all cases, we seek candidates who have attended the best universities in their respective countries and have done exceptionally well at those institutions.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- The desire to make a significant individual impact by synthesizing specific domain expertise with insights into general business, technology and financial trends and perspectives gleaned from fellow Celent analysts
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to learn about and master new areas
- Leadership potential
Candidates must be fluent in the local language of the office in which they wish to work, as well as in English. Fluency in a major European language, Chinese, or Japanese is a benefit.
Locations: Celent has offices in major financial centers around the world. Working remotely is a possibility.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include SENIOR ANALYST, CORPORATE BANKING in the subject line.
Celent provides equal employment opportunity and treatment regardless of gender, color, race, ancestry, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, age, physical handicap or disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, citizen status or other protected group status.